
I had a great plan to spend New Years day sledding with friends. Seeing as how there was no snow in Farmington anymore (Yet). We decided to go up to Durango. We followed a friend up that had been sledding there before. After a 2 hr. drive we noticed the snow getting deeper and deeper. The spot that was originally used for sledding had so much snow we could barely find it. I would say up to my waist,which would be up to Kyla's shoulders. We back tracked to another area where other sledders seemed to be playing. Even here the snow was so deep it took the kids several minutes to manuever up the hill. Our friend Jen was clever and tried to make paths with a sled. She was even able to use a sled to pack down enough snow to put up her chair. This was after Jamie's attempt to pack down snow by jumping up and down it. His idea worked~It just took a little more effort! Eventually we found a previously used trail for sledding that we enjoyed very much. It was a beautiful drive. I love the Colorado Mountains!
The ironic part was, just 2 days after our adventure we got buckets of snow here in Farmington. And so of course Jen and I had to make use of it and take the girls sledding again, only this time it was only 2 minutes away.







0 comments:
Post a Comment